The team at the Health and Wellness Center provides free and confidential health services and resources to all JAVĿ¼ students.
As professionals with experience working with college students, the medical care team at the Health and Wellness Center can help to address a wide variety of medical concerns. All students have access to confidential medical care. We will do our best to ensure that your needs are met. Our primary focus is on illness and injury that is non-acute.
Current care providers include a family nurse practitioner, a registered nurse, and a licensed practical nurse.
Our medical services include:
- Illness visits
- Sexual health concerns
- Non-acute injury care
- PPD placements and reads
- Community referrals
In addition to the list above, we can provide consultation, link you to community providers, and conduct outreach as needed.
We advise all students to maintain connections with any specialty care. For example, we are unable to administer allergy injections. We have connections to local providers, and we can link you with these providers.
After-hours care can be obtained at one of the local urgent care centers or by calling the office phone number (585) 385-8280 to connect to our nurse triage line.
Not feeling well?
Please remember if you are experiencing any influenza (flu) or COVID-19 symptoms you should isolate, rather than attend classes or events. Seeking prompt medical care or testing may be an important first step at reducing symptoms.
- If you are on campus and would like to schedule an illness visit to Health and Wellness Center, call (585) 385-8280. Wear a mask to your appointment.
- If you have a local health care provider, you could contact their office to schedule an appointment.
- If you have an at-home COVID test available, you could take the test.
If you have tested positive for COVID, please log into your patient portal to review further instructions for reporting.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds, frequently throughout the day. Proper hand washing is one of the single most effective ways to avoid illness.
- Proactively wear a mask if you have a risk factor or concern about your own health.
- Keep up with routine health care appointments while attending college.