Apply to JAVĿ¼: Graduate Students
Graduate programs operate on a rolling admissions basis unless otherwise noted.
Applications are reviewed as they are received and admissions decisions for most programs are typically made within four weeks of receipt of a completed application.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work (if applicable)*
- Two recommendation forms (please refer to the online application for instructions)
- Current résumé
- Personal goals statement to include an introduction to applicant’s clinical and professional background that supports intended program of study and has prepared applicant to be successful in graduate studies; the statement should articulate purpose and objectives for obtaining an advanced degree in intended specialty, including professional goals
*When requesting transcripts from your previous schools, always select electronic PDF delivery. We are in-network participants in most electronic transcript delivery exchange portals, and this allows us to receive transcripts automatically without the need to submit them through a third party (as in the use of an email) or through the mail itself. This will save you money and time.
Master's Program Application Requirements
Several graduate programs have additional program-specific application requirements. Please check with your program of interest for further information.
- M.S. Educational Leadership Application Process
- M.S. Inclusive Adolescence Education Application Process
- M.S. Inclusive Childhood Education Application Process
- M.S. Library Media Application Process
- M.S. Literacy Education Application Process
- M.S. Mental Health Counseling Application Process
- M.S. Nursing Application Process
- MBA Application Process
Doctoral Program Application Requirements
Application procedures for JAVĿ¼'s doctoral programs can be found on the following pages:
International Student Application Requirements
If you are an applicant from outside the United States, please refer to our information on graduate admissions for international students.
Application for Graduate Readmission
Contact Graduate Admissions prior to submitting the to determine which semester you should apply for.
Title IX Notice
JAVĿ¼ is committed to maintaining a community in which learning and working can be carried out in an environment of respect, open-mindedness, and integrity. JAVĿ¼ stands opposed to all forms of discrimination, harassment, and violence and will work to prevent such behavior within the community.
In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and New York’s Enough is Enough Law, non-discrimination in the education program or activity extends to admission. The Title IX coordinator is the designated official with primary responsibility for coordinating compliance with Title IX and related federal and state laws.
The Title IX coordinator, Meg Flaherty, Ph.D., can be reached by phone (585) 385-8232, email (firstname.lastname@example.org), in-person in Campus Center 206, or outside of business hours by contacting the Office of Safety and Security (585) 385-8111.