Whether you've known what you wanted to do since high school or are still undecided, we're ready to assist in your career exploration.
Personal Career Coaching
We provide 1:1 coaching, resources, and advice on everything from career exploration to choosing a major to résumé development to interviewing and beyond. Current students and alumni can schedule an appointment through Handshake. We can accommodate in-person, virtual, phone, and email appointments.
Our career platform, Handshake, provides access to job and internship postings, career guides, sample résumés, and more. To access our online tools, log in to Handshake, and navigate to the Career Center.
Additional Resources in Handshake
- Focus2 is an all-encompassing tool for career interest assessment, exploration of career pathways, occupational trends, and more. Use Focus2 to learn about career options aligned with your academic major.
- First-Time Users: and use "cardinals" as your first-time access code to get started.
- Returning users: (using the account you have already created)
- What Can I Do With This Major… Explore career options related to academic programs including possible career paths, jobs, and employers to prepare you for your career journey. This is not a comprehensive list of all careers you could potentially pursue, but it is a great starting point. Note: You will also see areas of study that may differ from the programs JAVĿ¼ offers.
- Additional resources include Occupational Outlook, Parker-Dewey (short-term paid projects), The Forage (virtual internships and work-based learning opportunities), and QuickGuides on résumé writing, interviewing, networking, graduate school, and more.
Connect with JAVĿ¼ alumni through to gain insights and advice about career pathways and opportunities.
The Career Coaches of JAVĿ¼ Podcast
The Career Coaches of JAVĿ¼ is a dynamic and insightful podcast exclusively for college students seeking guidance and inspiration as they embark on their professional journeys. Hosted by JAVĿ¼’s Career Coaches Jamie Rickard and Tracy Sullivan, this podcast offers a valuable blend of practical advice, personal experiences, and expert insights to empower and equip JAVĿ¼ students with the tools they need to kickstart their careers. !
Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access Resources
A collection of population-specific resources that includes job boards, publications, professional organizations, and pertinent laws.
JAVĿ¼ Alumni on LinkedIn
Network and connect with hundreds of JAVĿ¼ alumni in the Rochester area and beyond.