TRIO Student Support Services
The TRIO Student Support Services (TRIO-SSS) program provides services to college students who are first-generation, low-income, or have a disability.
TRIO feels like family. When I first came here, I was struggling and now... I can say, TRIO really did help me. – Patrick Brooks
TRIO Student Support Services include:
- Academic tutoring to support academic progress
- Academic, personal, & career advisement to develop a plan for accomplishing your professional and personal goals
- Scholar Seminar Session to provide resources and tools for success
- Access to the TRIO-SSS Scholar Lounge to connect, de-stress, and study
- Research opportunities and internships
TRIO Alumni may also connect with the to learn more about professions, graduate program admissions, and future career endeavors.
Program Eligibility Requirements
If you meet one of the following criteria, you may qualify for the TRIO Student Support Services Program. TRIO-SSS Scholars must identify with one or more of the descriptions below.
- Low-income: your family income falls within the guidelines established by the
- First-generation: your parents or legal guardians have not earned a bachelor's degree.
- Documented disability: you possess approved disability documentation from JAVĿ¼’s Office of Accessibility Services.
Become a TRIO-SSS Scholar
Complete the online interest form to be considered for the TRIO-SSS program. A staff member will contact you regarding your application status. Once approved, you will be invited to attend an orientation for the program.