RN to BSN Online
Nurses understand the importance of acting quickly, efficiently, and effectively. That same mindset forms the basis for JAVĿ¼’s RN to BSN online program.
JAVĿ¼'s accredited RN to BSN online program offers flexible scheduling in an accelerated format, which gives you the opportunity to complete your BSN in a way that accommodates your busy schedule.
The program is designed for nurses with a current RN license or recent graduates of associate degree or diploma programs in nursing who are eligible to take the NCLEX exam. The curriculum builds on the study of nursing in associate degree and nursing diploma programs.
The online format means you are the beneficiary of on-demand, 24/7 access to online tutoring support services. JAVĿ¼ also offers an RN to BSN to M.S. Fast-Track option, where you substitute graduate nursing courses within the undergraduate curriculum.
Join Us for a Virtual Information Session
See Success at JAVĿ¼
Join us for a virtual information session to learn more about the online RN to BSN program offered by the Wegmans School of Nursing. Hear from Pam Herendeen, visiting associate professor, and Kristin Blake, assistant director in the Office of Transfer and Graduate Admissions.
- Tuesday, October 24 at 12 p.m. |
- Thursday, November 30 at 5 p.m. |
The RN to BSN curriculum consists of two seven-week modules each semester. There are no prerequisite courses; both nursing and liberal arts courses are included as part of the program. You may choose part-time or full-time study. Full-time students can complete the program in as little as 12-18 months.
Coursework is taken online, with project-based experiential learning embedded into selected courses. These experiential learning opportunities allow you to apply theory to clinical practice.
As an RN to BSN online candidate, you will complete 60 credits in nursing. Of these, 30 credits must be taken at JAVĿ¼; an additional 30 credits of nursing coursework transferred from an associate degree or hospital-based diploma nursing program is required.
A total of 60 additional liberal arts credits are required. Included in this number are JAVĿ¼ Core classes, general electives, and specific introductory statistics and ethics/bioethics courses.
Life After JAVĿ¼
As a graduate of the RN to BSN online program, you will be prepared to:
- Integrate coursework to promote holistic outcomes for patients
- Support interprofessional communication and collaboration to improve health outcomes
- Integrate critical thinking and decision-making throughout the nursing process to improve the care of patients
- Apply basic organizational and systems leadership for quality care and patient safety
- Engage in ongoing, self-directed learning, self-evaluation, and goal setting
- Engage in the scholarship of evidence-based practice and research to support high quality health outcomes and safe nursing care
- Promote clinical prevention and population health based on an understanding of global health care issues
- Use information management systems and apply patient care technologies for clinical decision-making
Our Commitment to the Care of Individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
The Wegmans School of Nursing integrates care of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities into the undergraduate curriculum in order to prepare a nursing workforce with education, experience, and confidence to provide quality care to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.