The minor in interdisciplinary arts enables you to explore your interest in the arts and the impact of the arts on society.
The interdisciplinary arts program at JAVĿ¼ allows you to study artmaking and performance as part of a liberal arts education. Utilizing performing and visual arts spaces in Murphy Hall, the curriculum incorporates courses in theater, dance, music, and the visual arts (painting, drawing, design, and photography). Student performances and exhibitions are embedded into the curriculum.
Immerse yourself in several forms of artistic expression:
- Introductory drawing and painting classes are offered each year.
- Photography, 3D design, and sculpture classes allow you to explore a variety of materials and techniques.
- Dance and theater courses maximize the newly installed dance studio.
- Fiction writing, poetry, and screenwriting courses allow you to expand your creative writing skills.
- Aesthetics, theater history, and art history courses provide an overview of art culture throughout time.
Courses are enhanced through collaboration with various art institutions in the Rochester community including Writers and Books, the Rochester Fringe Festival, the Rochester Contemporary Art Center, the Visual Studies Workshop, the Memorial Art Gallery of the University of Rochester, Geva Theatre, and more.