Education Doctorate in Executive Leadership (Ed.D.)
Develop critical community leadership skills for education, health care, business, public administration, and other human service sectors.
Obtain your doctoral degree for advanced leadership positions through our accelerated, rigorous, multidisciplinary, and highly supportive program of study that incorporates cutting-edge learning technologies, innovative teaching, applied research, and customized student services.
Ed.D. Program Overview
JAVĿ¼'s Education Doctorate (Ed.D.) in Executive Leadership prepares you for executive leadership roles within the context of a diverse, information-driven, and increasingly global society. Through critical and applied research, you will develop strategies to solve complex challenges and improve organizational environments.
Courses focus on leadership competencies, organizational development, strategic planning, public policy, and data-driven decision-making. Customized learning includes field experiences, guided dissertation seminars, and your dissertation committee aligned with your leadership research interests.
Ed.D. Program Highlights
The education doctorate at JAVĿ¼ allows working professionals to advance their executive leadership skills through a rigorous program featuring:
- Hybrid instruction that combines the flexibility of digital learning with the depth of in-person learning.
- Convenient in-person classes that meet Friday evenings and Saturday (every 4 to 5 weeks) to fit the demands of working professionals.
- Accelerated format with only 28 months to completion, which includes writing and defending your dissertation.
- Access to an alumni network of more than 500 executive-level leaders serving across the state and beyond.
Join Us for an Information Session
Join us for an information session to learn more about the Ed.D. program. Learn about prerequisites, program requirements, and get your questions answered.
Sessions are scheduled throughout the year to learn about the Ed.D. program at JAVĿ¼ and at our extension site.
Virtual Information Sessions
Virtual Information Sessions are held on Zoom.
Rochester Campus Location
- Wednesday, December 6 at 12 p.m. |
- Thursday, January 25 at 5 p.m. |
- Wednesday, February 28 at 12 p.m. |
- Thursday, March 21 at 5 p.m. |
Westchester Campus Location
- Tuesday, January 16 at 5 p.m. |
- Tuesday, February 13 at 5 p.m. |
- Tuesday, March 12 at 5 p.m. |
Ed.D. Program Outcomes
By the end of the program, candidates will successfully demonstrate the following learning outcomes through a critical and equitable lens:
- Apply knowledge and dispositions required for effective leadership.
- Design and conduct research.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret data to inform decision-making in an organization or community.
- Plan strategically to advance an organization’s mission and goals using effective communication and collaboration.
- Evaluate implications and sustainability of public policies and practices within social systems.
- Identify and evaluate ethical or moral dilemmas with tools that can lead to beneficial outcomes for individuals and organizations.
- Articulate strategies and practices to apply culturally relevant frameworks and theories in organizations.
- Demonstrate the leadership practices needed to appreciate, retain, and maximize the talents of a diverse workforce.
- Apply or practice introspective and reflective leadership practices using personal strengths and coaching to advance personal and professional goals.
- Synthesize and apply research, knowledge, and skills to inform change and increase organizational capacity.
Ed.D. Extension Site in Westchester County
JAVĿ¼'s Ed.D. in Executive Leadership program is also offered at the Iona University campus in Westchester, affording executives and managers in other parts of New York state the opportunity to earn a Doctor of Education in Executive Leadership degree.
Please keep in mind that Ed.D. candidates at Iona University are required to take one course on JAVĿ¼'s campus. This course is typically completed in one block session (e.g., Wednesday – Sunday).
For more information regarding application and admission to the Ed.D. program at Iona University, please contact JAVĿ¼'s Office of Transfer and Graduate Admissions at (585) 385-8064 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
715 North Ave
New Rochelle, NY 10801