Apply to JAVĿ¼: Transfer Students
Applications are accepted for fall, spring, and summer semesters. JAVĿ¼ operates on a rolling admission plan. Applications are reviewed as they are received.
Transfer Application Process
Note: You must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.00 (4.00 scale) to be considered for admission.
General Transfer Application Requirements
A transfer application is complete once we have received:
- Completed online application:
- Official transcripts from all previously attended institutions*
- When requesting transcripts from your previous schools, always select electronic PDF delivery. We are in-network participants in most electronic transcript delivery exchange portals and this allows us to receive transcripts automatically without the need to submit them through a third party (as in the use of an email) or through the mail itself. This will save you money and time.
- Official high school transcripts (if you have completed less than 24 credit hours at the college level)
- SAT/ACT scores (if you have completed less than one semester of college-level coursework)
Note: JAVĿ¼ is test-optional
If accepted to JAVĿ¼, you will receive an official transfer credit evaluation. This evaluation will show what credits are accepted from previously attended institutions and how these credits will fit into your chosen program of study.
Traditional B.S. Nursing Program Application Requirements:
Transfer applicants may apply to the nursing program as a student intending to start the clinical portion (last two years) of the program or enroll at JAVĿ¼ to complete remaining prerequisite nursing courses and/or liberal arts requirements. Prerequisite courses, which must have been taken within the last 10 years, include:
- Anatomy & Physiology I (should be completed at the same institution as A&P II)
- Anatomy & Physiology II (should be completed at the same institution as A&P I)
- Development Across the Lifespan
Note: *Ethics - Recommended to be completed prior clinical portion. Required for graduation.
Eligible applicants (including admitted 2+2 program participants) for the clinical portion of the program will submit the transfer application, a personal essay, and take the Mathematics Screening Test.
Priority review of completed nursing applications begins April 1. Applicants enrolled in participating 2+2 nursing programs must have all documentation submitted no later than April 1 if applying to begin the program in the fall. All other applicants will be reviewed on a space-available basis for fall and alternatively for the spring semester.
International Student Application Requirements
If you are an applicant from outside the United States, please refer to our information on transfer admissions for international students.
Application for Readmission
If you've been away from JAVĿ¼ for two or more semesters, submit the .
Questions About Applying?
Contact a transfer admissions counselor or call us at (585) 385-8064. We're here to help!
Title IX Notice
JAVĿ¼ is committed to maintaining a community in which learning and working can be carried out in an environment of respect, open-mindedness, and integrity. JAVĿ¼ stands opposed to all forms of discrimination, harassment, and violence and will work to prevent such behavior within the community.
In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and New York’s Enough is Enough Law, non-discrimination in the education program or activity extends to admission. The Title IX coordinator is the designated official with primary responsibility for coordinating compliance with Title IX and related federal and state laws.
The Title IX coordinator, Meg Flaherty, Ph.D., can be reached by phone (585) 385-8232, email (firstname.lastname@example.org), in-person in Campus Center 206, or outside of business hours by contacting the Office of Safety and Security (585) 385-8111.