Admissions and Financial Aid
Here you'll find directions, deadlines, and scholarship information to help keep prospective JAVĿ¼ first-years on track.
Questions or concerns? Feel free to contact your admissions representative at any time!
First-Year Student Application Process
General First-Year Student Application Requirements
An application is complete once the following have been received:
- Completed (free to apply online)
- Official high school transcript (including a list of senior year courses and grades available)
- Official SAT or ACT scores
(Note: JAVĿ¼ is test-optional. Test scores are considered official if sent from the testing agency or directly from the high school.)
- Counselor/Teacher Recommendation
- Common Application essay or graded paper
- Additional letters of recommendation (optional)
- Additional information such as an activities résumé (optional)
International Student Application Requirements
If you are an applicant from outside the United States, please refer to our information on first-year student admissions for international students.
First-Year Application Deadlines
- Continuous: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis
- December 1: Early decision application deadline
- January 15:
- Merit-based scholarship consideration
- Priority application submission to the nursing program
- Submission of your FAFSA (School Code: 002821)
- Late February: Financial aid awards mailed
- May 1: Admissions deposit deadline
All first-year applicants are automatically considered for a merit scholarship, which ranges from $7,500 to $19,000 per year.
Not from around here? Take advantage of the Flower City Award, a $5,000 per year scholarship given to all out-of-state students, as well as students from Suffolk and Nassau counties!
Learn more about first-year student scholarships!
Financial Aid: Did you know?
100% of incoming first-year students receive some form of financial aid!Learn More about Financial Aid